What’s your OLW for 2014?
My one little word for this year is
Last year, I stumbled upon Ali Edwards blog and the idea of choosing one little word for a year instead of a resolution. This is my second year of picking a word to focus on and make part of my life for an entire year. I don’t know about you but resolutions have not worked for me but picking one little word is an easier way to keep me focused on what I want to change.
Last year my word was BELIEVE and I stuck with it pretty much all year – maybe lost a little focus here and there but it was always in the back of mind. This year, I decided to take things a step further because I wanted the accountability. I have lots of things on the horizon that I would like to CREATE this year and have happen so, I decided to take her workshop this year. You might see people on instagram who are taking the workshop using the #hashtags #OLW2014 or #onelittleword – so if you are curious what it’s all about search the #hashtags on social media and you will find a whole list of words that others have chosen. You do not have to take the workshop to pick your own little word – Last year, I just picked a word and made it my focus for a year. In the end BELIEVE was a good word me last year.
Some of the things I want to focus on with my word Create is
1) Create better home – continue to update our space and focus on finishing up my creative office space
2) Create new venture – this is a work in progress but big focus for me this year
3) Create healthier choices – I would like to run a 1/2 marathon this year but I will make this a goal of achieving running a few 5K races ( why not I used to run all the time?)
4) Make more time to create time for being creative
5) Create a better time management so I can add my workouts back into my life vs. focusing on everyone and everything else.
This is a growing list of things I want to CREATE in 2014 and something I will grow and focus on in this years workshop.
Created a pinterest board with my word to help keep me focused …..
follow along on instagram
As I move along in the workshop I will be updating my progress and keeping myself accountable for my OLW 2014 – So will you pick a OLW or do you focus on a Resolution?