"" The Preppy Strawberry: Happy Holiday Season

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Holiday Season




Can you believe it Thanksgiving is already behind us?!?  Where does the time go?  It feels like just yesterday we were all at the pool taking about how HOT and HUMID it was outside!  Now, today in Ohio we are dealing with rain and cold weather.   I hope all of you had a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with family and friends.  We ended up having to switch gears and host Thanksgiving at the last minute do to my Mom coming down with the flu earlier in the week.  So it was a crazy week around my house and then of course right into a busy weekend!  This post was meant for yesterday but that didn't happen because I  feel like I'm catching the cold that Lilly had few weeks back. Keeping my fingers crossed its just passes.  Mommy can not afford to get sick now... we are full swing in the holiday season!  

Thanksgiving morning Lilly and I whipped up some quick Thanksgiving centerpieces for the tables.  I saw this idea over at Silly Eagle Books for paper tube turkeys.  How cute are these guys?!?  You can click on the link above to see her tutorial on how to make these paper tube turkeys but here are some pictures of our paper tube turkeys.  This was such an easy craft and Lilly had so much fun putting them together while I finished working on the tables.  Are Turkeys are a little naked compared to the ones over at Silly Eagle Books but this was a 4 year olds take on the project.  You will notice that they all have a mouth - Notice none are smiling?  She told me they were confused, mad, sad, and I asked why they were not happy?  She goes because they lost there families? <--How sad is that?  






So did any of you head on on Black Friday for door busters?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments they make me smile! Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me!